Thursday, July 15, 2004

The Great Escape

Just another break from the great employment race. I am actually taking a small break today. Normally my internet job searching, also known as banging you head repeatedly on the monitor of hope, is done at home. I have a great computer there. I also have three children there. Every few minutes my concentration and focus are steered toward more globally important issues. Such as who wanted to play first with Barbie #76 out of 128. Or, how did the baby's toy get stuck in the toilet? More importantly, had it been flushed prior to your retrieval attempt?

I keep telling myself that Michael Keaton started this way, and see, he became BATMAN!

No, today I've made a trip to the local library. Here, if I give a kid a grouchy look because he's bugging me, he can go and tell someone else's wife. Not that I am in the habit of giving grouchy looks, but it's nice to know the option is there if I need it. The Library has nice fast connections and super Dell computers. I can bang my head..., I mean search for jobs in a quarter of the time it usually takes at home. This also gives me a little time to blow of some steam here on the keyboard.

To be serious for a second, I think I would be going nuts by now if I didn't have an outlet. Writing has always helped clear my mind. It lets me step back and put things into perspective. Taking out the mental trash of a cluttered mind.

Back to work. The Kids are going to need school clothes soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home