Thursday, July 15, 2004

Trades

You know whom I‘m really envious of?
The person who has made a career out of something they truly love.

Most of us make due. We settle. We trade our passion for a paycheck. And take comfort that the path we have taken will lead us to a level of security. We hope this will happen.

We become managers, salesmen, recruiters, or bankers convinced that it isn't what you do, as much as it provides security for your family. But what happens when departments downsize, companies lay off, and employees get throw under the bus to protect a senior manager's ego? You find yourself back in the job market trying desperately to regain that sense of security.

Around that time the old fantasies start nudging the surface. A futile hope is better than none at all. And, if it keeps you going until you find that next banking job then so be it. Still I close my eyes and dream of a content soul that freely pours out words, and stories, knowing my family is well provided for.

OK, my first three posts are all me moaning about my unemployment. Enough already. I'll lighten up. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home