Thursday, July 29, 2004

Another Day

I know that has to be the most boring title in history. But, I need to write and I can't think of anything creative. Big surprise.

It has been a very quite week. I've been at my usual employment search with about the same results as the past two months. I know something will break through. I'm just having trouble keeping my positive thoughts about me. I originally started this online journal to record my thoughts and insights while I'm on this bumpy ride. I also wanted to flex any writing muscles I may have left. My hope is to use it to deal with my current issues, and as a form to look back on later, to see where I was, and how I dealt with things during this time. For good, or ill maybe it will help me to keep from making the same mistakes in the future.

As I said it has been a very quite week. Every evening my wife and my two oldest children have been to a cheerleading camp. This gives me roughly from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm alone with our twenty one month old. Of course, most of that time is spent chasing this small Indiana Jones through out the house, dodging wet diapers, and razor sharp Barbie furniture.

She has only made it to the top of the china hutch once.

It is at times like that when you truly realize how much your children keep each other occupied.

A big round of applause goes to my wife. She has working more or less full time. In addition to that her nights are filled trying to put this cheerleading thing together. And ,to top it all off she has to deal with me. Bless her heart. She has been keeping this family going through thick and thin. Here lately it has been thin.

I suppose that in the midst of all that is going on, there is one thing I am thankful for. I have been able to spend so much more time with my children this summer. Maybe that was God's big plan. I'll try to keep that in mind the next time I have to tell them for the 400 th time, to clean up their room, and put up their clothes.

Humility would be the other lesson I guess I'm suppose to learn. I would think I had that down by now, but that's the point.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greatest Blog Post. Please visit this site on sbc unlimited long distance
sbc unlimited long distance

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home