Friday, December 10, 2004

Hit and miss

It has really been tough to blog here lately. As you may or may not know I was laid off from work several months ago. Actually that’s how this site started. It has given me a way to vent. Now don’t get me wrong I love spending time with my kid, but our financial situation hasn’t been the greatest with just the single income of my wife’s job.

Anyway, after several months of sending in hundreds of resumes, and a number of interviews, I have finally received an offer letter. In fact, I was supposed to have started this past Monday, December 6. But, due to training schedule issues, my start day has been move to January 3. That is another month of unemployment. And, four months before health benefits kick in. I guess you could say the stress level around here has been really high. The frustration is also kicking in.

As a dad and husband I have always viewed my role as provider. But I haven’t been doing a real good job of that here lately. I have taken a part-time job. It may sound silly, but that really helps my morale. I just need to be doing something to make me feel like I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I have my family looking to me, relying on me. They need to know everything will be all right, even if I’m not sure it will be all right. The kids seem to be doing ok, but I worry about my wife. Like most people, K needs stability. That hasn’t existied in the past few months. You add the holidays, well lets just say it’s been real fun. These are the times when you’re just have to have faith that things will turn out ok. Life has very few guarantees. One of the few constants is that there will always be trials in life. Whether they are big or little, how you deal with them shapes your family’s perception of you. I just hope that some day, regardless of my faults, my family will see me a man who did his best to take care of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home