Thursday, November 18, 2004

T.M.I.

OK, things have been more than a little hectic since my last post. That night, last Thursday, our two-year old starts throwing up in the middle of the night. K (my wife) and I spend the rest of the night switching out clean ups, and bath duties. The child had a really rough night. She went thorough three sets of pajamas. K and I dozed in brief spells on the couch and in a chair.

The next day, Friday, the pediatrician tells us that the child just had a 24-hour stomach bug, and it was very contagious. As we both had been thrown up on several times during the previous night, we pretty much knew what to expect next.

Yes! you guessed it; K started getting real sick Saturday afternoon. She stayed in bed the rest of the day and night, except for frequent and urgent trips to the bathroom.

No, wait it gets better!

Not wanting to succumb to adversity I did my best to carry out the weekend plans. Primary of these was to replace our two-year olds crib with a toddler bed. When we did this with the twins they did great.

Of course, now the little turkey is feeling much better, and decides to use this opportunity to be the freak'in NIGHTSTALKER. At 3 in the morning I hear this pacifier-muffled maniacal laughter, and the sound of all the books being pulled off her older sister’s bookshelf. I spent the rest of the night trying to get her to stay in bed, and in her room.

Sunday, K wakes up feeling a little better, at which point (without much sleep) I take her place in the bathroom, as now I have inherited the family stomach bug.

You can guess how I spent the rest of my day.

Monday after my miraculous recovery from near death, I retrieved the old baby gate from up in the attic. This pretty well limited the NIGHSTALKER’S access to other innocents in the house at night. Problem was, that night one of the twins got sick with the Bug. Another fun filled night for Mom and me.

The good news is, at this very moment nobody in my house is throwing up.

You gotta love being a parent!

*If nothing else, at least got to watch Shrek 2 and Finding Nemo, with my daughter Monday afternoon. That's gotta be worth something, Right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hey, good planning on your part, mam and dad getting sick on the weekend. I always seem to get sick during the week, usually when the wife is working 1232 hours straight.

Hopefully the bug will stay gone. Glad y'all survived.

AtHomeDaddy

6:24 AM  
Blogger sparkydiva said...

quiet time with the kid watching movies: priceless.

i hope you have a wonderful day void of...well...bodily fluids :o)

b

8:18 AM  
Blogger Justa Dad said...

Thank's guys!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home