Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Something strange is going on!

My two-year old is developing strange powers.

First, she no longer requires sleep at night. Instead she has been spending the deepest darkest part of the night removing all contents from her sisters bookshelf, or emptying her entire dresser on the floor of her room.

She also has achieved the power of invisibility. I can search the entire house for her, only to see her walk out of a room I KNOW I LOOKED THROUGH TWICE!

In addition she has developed a high-pitched sonic defense. And, when angered she can use it to send her sisters scrambling out of the room, and injuring the hearing of all dogs within a block.

Finally, I found her watching a biography of Alexander the Great on the History Channel, when I just know I had tuned the channel to "Blues Clues" a few minutes before.

Is your toddler showing similar signs?

What could they be planning, and doing late in the night?

The same thing they do every night "Pinky", try to take over the world!

2 Comments:

Blogger sparkydiva said...

well...i no longer have a toddler, but i have a seven year old with a big attitude. i also have a guinea pig that just happens to know the precise time that you open the refrigerator so that she can squeal as loud as she can (even if its 2am and your daughter is asleep) so that you'll cave and bring her an orange.

oh -- and i have a cat that used to lose his balance when drinking from the toilet and fall in...often.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Russ said...

I once woke up in the middle of the night and decided to go check on my daughter. She was 3 at the time. I quietly opened the door to her room and peered in... and she was gone! This is not a good thing at 4:00am. I went and looked in her brother's room, the bathroom, back into my room... couldn't find her. I finally found her downstairs in the dark, curled up in a chair with a book.

She's 4 now, and usually sleeps through the night, but every once I find her prowling around the house. And now she enlists the help of her little brother in these midnight escapades. Who knows what they're really up to?

-Russ
http://dailyyak.blogspot.com

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home