Sunday, January 23, 2005

Here Goes Everything!

I start my new Job on Monday.

In a lot of ways I’m really ready to get back to work. My family needs me back at work. Financially, and emotionally I need to be back at work. That being said, I have to admit I’m more than a little nervous stepping back into the corporate world again.

I’ve been sending out resumes, making calls and going on interviews for eight months now. And all that time, I’ve been telling myself that relief is just around the corner. I assured myself that THE GREAT JOB is just the next resume away. At least that is what I always hoped. The fact is, one of the things that keeps you going in the face of hardship is hope. You tell yourself that when these clouds clear away, things will be better. You construct detailed scenarios where all the stress, worries, and hard times, are justified by the prosperity of your newfound good fortune.

The truth is, there is very seldom any justification for hardship.

There is, however, the opportunity to learn an appreciation for the things you once took for granted. Many years ago, before I was married, I kept a journal in the hopes of someday being a writer. I never did become a writer, but last spring I learned what a BLOG was. In an effort to maintain my sanity, I picked up an old habit, and started writing again. Along the way I’ve met some amazing, talented and very kind individuals in this blogging community. (See links side bar for just a few!)

I can also say that I won’t take work for granted anymore. Just a few short years ago; as I flew across Texas reviewing offices under my supervision, I never though twice about my ability to provide for my family.

Now, I am literally starting over.
And, I’m truly thankful for this opportunity.

Well guys, wish me luck, and a few prayers wouldn’t hurt either.

I’ll let you know how it goes.




6 Comments:

Blogger rizlablue said...

Good luck!

Never, never take work for granted, but don't let it rule your life, either (I think you've sorted that bit out just fine).

You've got the job, so go for it.

I'm crossing my Oz fingers and toes for you

9:13 AM  
Blogger sparkydiva said...

Good luck and God bless you. I'll be praying for you.

~b

10:06 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hope everything went well.

And don't worry, once you are a Stay-at-home-dad, you're always allowed back into the secret clubhouse.

And since you have a paycheck, we will let you buy the next round!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Jammer said...

Good luck and Godspeed! I know you've been wanting this, I hope its a good fit.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Justa Dad said...

Hey guys! Thanks for the words of encouragement. Everything is going pretty good so far. A whole three days of employment! Wahoo!

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greatest Blog Post. Please visit this site on distance long sbc unlimited
distance long sbc unlimited

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home