Monday, January 03, 2005

A New Start

The tree has been take down.

The ornaments are back in their boxes.

The mounds of trash bags, filled with brightly colored paper, and boxes have been pickup up at the curb.

I feel a little sad that all the holiday hoopla is over, yet at the same time I can collapse on the sofa with a big sigh of relief that it’s all over. Of course, I can’t stay on the couch too long, cause the day after New Years means "extreme make over home edition". Closets are thinned out for Good Will. Old toys are boxed up to make room for the ones Santa brought. And, the garage is cleaned out in the hope that I may some day fit at least one car in far enough to shut the door. All in the name of starting off the new year right.

Ah, yes! Happy Holidays.

Well, there is no sense in procrastination. It’s time to face the New Year, with new plans, new ideas, and a new sense of confidence in my parenting abilities. Take tonight for example. I found myself having a heated discussion with one of my daughters. It was regarding her stubborn reluctance in going to bed early, the night before she goes back to school. Toward the end of our little "talk" I told her she was acting childish. To which the seven-year-old replied, "I am a child."

Yeah,right! Well,…………just get to sleep then!

I think tomorrow would be a better day to start all that new attitude stuff anyway!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh, the battle over bedtime. I remember being a formidable opponent in that struggle.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home