Sunday, November 09, 2008

I'll always have humility.

Ok, it would help if I could do this frequently enought so that I don't keep forgetting my own password to get into this acct.

If I had any pride it might have been hurt this weekend. Turns our Walmart doesn't want me.

Let me explain, If you know me, (and if you've read anything on this site, then you know me better than most) you know I was out of work for some time a few years ago. I did find a job, then forgot how to write. The job I found has been a blessing for me and my family and is still going strong, and in this economy that is good news.

These past couple of years have been pretty quite, the only big events being the purchase of a new van (the old one was over a decade old and costing more in repair a month than the cost of a new one) and moving to a new house. (Turns out three girls dont do well with one sink and a single toilet. ) Problem was my wife lost her job just after we closed on the new house. (doh!)

Anyway back in January I took a parttime job at the local Walmart, working nights and weekends. The schedule was flexable and we needed the extra income. It was also kind of fun, no where near the stress of my day job. Just like in highschool. If you've ever seen the movie "American Beauty" where Kevin Spacy takes the job at a burger joint like he had as a kid, after he quits his highly demanding job.

Only, my wife wasn't running around on me, and there was no hot blonde chasing me, and I didn't buy a sports car, and no one has pointed a gun to my head............... OK, my life is nothing like that move. Bad example, nevermind. Lets just say it was low stress, and decent extra income.

I stayed there seven months but left when my wife was offered the oppertunity of being able to work more hours from home. I would need to be home more to help out around the house and take care of the kids at night so she could work more. Unfortunatly that only lasted a few weeks and we were back where we started. I put it off for a while but went back this weekend, figuring since I left on good terms, I could get my old parttime job back. Turns out they no longer have the shift I use to work. So much for flexable hours. Said they need someone to come in at six pm, problem is I don't get off job #1 untill 5:30. It's too far between the two to make that time.

Guess I'll figure something else out.