Friday, March 11, 2005

More Cheese Please!

I have a confession. I love cheese!

NO, not the Swiss kind, although I am very fond of pepper jack.
I’m talking the cinematic kind. I love cheesy movies, high-class cheese, of course. I’m not too big on gore, chainsaw, and slasher movies. I lean more toward action / adventure cheese, comedy cheese, and monster cheese.

Movies like:
Young Frankenstein
The Blues Brothers
Blazing Saddles
Army of darkness
Mystery Men
Most Godzilla movies.
Anything associated with, Ray Harryhausen.
Forbidden Planet (That’s adapted Shakespeare’s "Tempest" cheese)

And of course the Greatest, action, fantasy, kung fu, trucking movie of all time, "Big Trouble in Little China"

These are the movies that have at lease half a dozen good lines in them, that you can take with you throughout life.

Like; "Abby Normal", "The new Oldsmobile’s are in early this year." And the classic, "I’m here to chew bubble gum and kick a_ _; and I’m all out of bubble gum."

You may be wondering what has me on this little binge. It seems our local cultural Mecca; (Wal-Mart) is moving out the video store that had leased out the front of the Super Center. All current rentals were shipped to other stores in the video chain, but all previously viewed movies were marked down very, very, very cheap.

Needless to say in a moment of weakness I succumbed to the discount, thereby broadening my DVD collection, and reaffirming my wife’s opinion, that deep down I truly am a geek. (Unfortunately for her, our children show very similar tendencies. The twins can already hum the theme from "Raiders of the Lost Ark", and my two-year-old can stomp through a Lego city, with grace and efficiency.)

I’m always on the lookout for more flicks, to satisfy my need for good "B" movies.

What are some of your favorites?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mmm... Cheese. I like pepper jack, and blue cheese especially.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home