Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A.W.O.B.

A.W.O.B.

That’s absent without blogging.

I don’t even have time to sleep!

The training on my new job has increased dramatically. I’m getting to the point where I’m reviewing in my sleep. And like I said I don’t get much time to do that.

Spring break came and went. We were able to send all three girls to their grandparents in Tulsa for a few days. Now I know what you’re thinking……. and your right.

Honey do’s

Or as my wife likes to call them “projects”. Wallpaper border in the girls bathroom, repaint the twins room, rearrange the furniture, and finally, repaint and put up border in our bathroom. All this along with the normal patching, painting, and fixing that has to be done to a house with a bunch of kids bouncing of the walls. You can always tell who made the mark by the damage done.

A scrape three-feet high, means a seven-year-old with a backpack

A gouge two-feet high, means a two-year-old with Barney banjo.

A crayon mark four-foot high, means my wife takes away my crayons.

I did break one of my rules last week though. I bought the twins a PS2. I’ve always been a little wary of introducing them to these games, because they do so good to spend their free time reading, coloring and writing stories, and generally healthy playing. I gave it to them with the understanding that they can’t spend all day playing it, they have to go outside, and all homework and reading come first. They are doing pretty good.

Lets hope their father can resist temptation as well.

Breaks over, gotta go learn stuff!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Screw work. Get that PS2 hooked up to the big screen and waste your brain, like the rest of us.

Glad you are still alive and kicking. Lately, I've been a ABOWBotT - Absent...Because of the Truck!

Hope all is going well.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Justa Dad said...

You'r right, I've caved on the PS2. It has me in its power.

Hey mike, cool truck!

years ago the dad of one of my good friends brought home a 55 T- bird in peices on a flat bed trailer. 3 years later he had restored it to a custom show car. Made quite a bit of $ when he finally sold it.

Keep on truck'in! (sorry just had to say that.)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Walk into training tomorrow and after a couple hours stop them and say, "I'm sorry, but I need to be excused... My brain is full"

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love classic mack truck then you will want to be there! All kinds of classic mack truck will be in attendance. For more information go to classic mack truck
See Ya There!!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home