Sunday, June 20, 2010

Feel like I’m going nuts here. So much happening, so much I feel behind on. It’s another Fathers day and I feel anything but a good father. In my attempts to “provide” I can’t say I’ve made the best decisions. I’ve taken on extra work, my wife and I both have, but braces for twins, a crashed computer, 18 year old dryer that finally blew up, and needed auto repair have left me feeling like my head is no longer above water. Each month I never know if I’m going to make the house payment, which is already behind. I can’t really turn to anyone, so I have to just get it all out here, so I can carry on. I can’t let up, can’t falter. My family is depending on me to do what I can, as little as it may seem at this time, it is all that I can do.

Sometimes, I find myself wishing for a nice self absorbed mid-life crisis, trying to prove to myself and everyone around me I “still have it.” The truth is, I never had “it”, and I would gladly trade ‘it’ for my girls to have their braces and a dresser that wasn’t so cheep that the drawers didn’t keep falling out.

I guess the thing is just put one foot ahead of the other. I’m told that God never sends you more than you can handle. If that’s true then I really don’t appreciate the testing of limits. Not today.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger chiccodicaffè said...

I don't know why you stopped to write.I hope that you and your family are fine.
Your words makes me think that men can write heartly, tenderly and with love when they really love.
I think that even if this is a uneconomic period of crisis, your kids never have to buy and pay for love, because they have you.
Claudia

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked your post, I happened upon it after writing one of my own and found it intriguing, I would like to know more about you and your family, you sound like a decent normal guy in a world full of sheep and consumers. I would like to follow your blogs and I will try if I can if not I hope to hear form you again.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are doing good job.
Please continue this blog im waiting for your new post

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess the thing is just put one foot ahead of the other. I’m told that God never sends you more than you can handle

Motorcycle IBT Course

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home