Monday, August 09, 2004

Gotta be some kinda way outa here!

I'm not an Idiot!

That's what I keep telling myself. I am a competent adult.

I'm a good father, who spends time with his kids.
I'm a good husband who helps my wife around the house; even cooking meals, and cleaning the kitchen afterwards.
I 've been an exceptional manager who has; developed new departments, exceeded sales goals, and trained many successful employees. I have even managed multiple offices across Texas.

All of these things I can show in the defense of my competency.
Problem is, I'm still losing the argument.

Dadhood is not about what I've already done, but rather what I'm doing right now. How will I insure the future security of my family? The worse part of this situation is, I can't see the light of day yet. I'm not trying to sound defeatist, but come on, give me a break here!

Nomatter what I may have accomplished in the past ,the present conflict can overshadow confidence. You find regular comparisons to those around you who appear more successful a real hazard to morale. These are the dangerous times when faith and self confidence are teetering. You find yourself walking a razor between frustration, and anger, with just a whisper of hope for balance.

I know I will find a job, but how long remains to be seen. I've sent out almost two hundred solid resumes with little response. A positive attitude has to be maintained. The strong front must be kept up. For now, faith in God has got to get us through.

For the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home