Friday, October 15, 2004

You learn something new every day.

Fiberglass.

It is truly amazing how many uses we have for fiberglass. It can be use to make tools, boats, and doors. Nearly all heating and cooling conduits in most homes use it as a middle insulation layer.

Yes, fiberglass is everywhere.

In fact, after spending the day working with the previously mentioned conduits I’m finding fiberglass everywhere, in my hair, on my arms, in my face, and various other areas on my person that no glass fibrous material should ever reach;

EVER!

I suppose it was worth it though. As it turns out the return air conduit in the attic had collapsed, blocking air circulation throughout the house. I was able to replace the collapsed section of conduit, and now the AC runs like new.

Everything is great, itchy, but great.

I was thinking that this little homeowner "emergency" was actually good for my morale. It places my focus on situations I can have some control over. That’s a good thing.

If you are familiar with the singer Bob Seger, (and everyone should be ) you may remember his song "Little Victories". Some of the verses stick with me.

"As you step out in the night take a lesson from the trees.
Watch the way they learn to bend with each breeze.
Little victories.
Everytime you make it through
It's another little victory
Day by day minute by minute
Little victories"

STILL, keeping the faith.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Way to go! AC, I don't know if I would tackle that, even if I did have good directions off of the internet. And I am usually too stupid to be intimidated by major appliances. Bet you saved yourself a couple hundderd bucks!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Justa Dad said...

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate your comments.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home