Friday, October 22, 2004


Honey Do's Posted by Hello

Man it has been busy around here. I've had no time to post. We are having family coming in this weekend for Short Round's second birthday. Her party will be on Saturday. Everyone will be there, Nanas, Papaws, and Aunts, OH MY!

I've been busy working in the yard, and cleaning the garage. We have a two-car garage; however, we also have a lot of crap. The good news is I can now get at least one vehicle in, and close the garage door. The bad news is, you don't want to even look in my attic. I fear that at least 1/3 of my accumulated life's debris could come crashing down on my family at any time.

I also have been finishing up on some redecorating in my dining room. I had the bright idea of painting vertical stripes, about a foot in width all the way around the room. I use a base coat of a rich gold, and a deeper shade of the same color for the stripe. It was pretty simple; I used 12 inch masking paper, and taped it down the wall with that blue masking tape. I then just rolled the exposed wall area. The tricky part was making sure the tape was perfectly straight. Once I was finished rolling and cutting in the baseboards and ceiling, I just took the paper off, and there were my stripes. Next, I put up a matching boarder all the way around the dining room.

As you can see in the picture above, not a bad job for an amateur.

My wife likes it so much, she is already dreaming up new projects to keep me busy. Personally I'd settle for a nap.

Now, all is ready, let the party begin.

Chocolate cake anyone?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Looks good. Now do your kitchen in red and green plaid! Or just come on down and help out when I paint our living room this winter.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home