Friday, August 27, 2004

I had planned a really cute post all about taking my family to the county fair last Monday night. I had planned on spending a lot of work on description, and tone. I wanted to make it a funny, and lively piece. However, at this point in the week and day, I realize I have neither the time, nor the skill to write what I want, so I'll save it for another day.

I did have my interview on Monday. The position sounds great, and I might take it if offered, but I'm not sure they will make me an offer. One big concern I do have is the available benefits through this job.

Because they are a small company the employee's cost of health insurance will be through the roof. I'll still have to find a second job just to pay for insurance. Seriously, health insurance for a family can take $500.00 a month out of you check.

This is just one of the many fun aspects to looking for a job. Just because you get a certain salary, doesn't mean that it's all take home pay. Like I said, health insurance cost can bring that salary down considerably.
If you ever find yourself in this position make sure the HR dept gives you an estimate on what health insurance will cost. They should be able to do that for you without any problem. If they won't; you probably can't afford to work there.

Today, has been quite, and that is not all together a good thing. Once I get most of my Mr. Mom chores done, and do my internet job searches; I'm left with time to reflect on, if I'm really doing enough. If you haven't notice by now, I hate waiting for some one to call for an interview. So I have returned to the "The Distance" at least until my kids get in from school. At that time, I resume my other vocation, cat herder.

Keeping the faith.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home