Friday, August 20, 2004

Persistence

I was surprised to see I had my first comment, ever, on my last post. It was a pleasant surprise, and I really appreciate the kind words; they reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarding genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent"

-Calvin Coolidge-

When I started this strange process I wasn't really sure where it would take me. I thought it might be a way I could record my thoughts and ideas as I deal with various issues in my life. I have to admit, this is a very public way to deal with private struggles. In some of the blogs I have read, there are those who have laid open their souls for the world to take notice. I guess that is why most of us are here, why we write.

We have families, friends, and associates we spend time with. But, there is this silent powerful voice that never quite goes away. It needs to be let out, whether in the privacy of a journal hidden under the bed, or the public exhibition of an internet posting. It can say things our mouth can't. It can tell us things about our selves we never knew, or believed possible. More than anything else, I guess, that last part is why I keep writing on this page.

Keeping the faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home