Saturday, September 04, 2004

OK! I'M OLD........NOW WHAT?

I'm not sure when it happened. But, I'm positive my kids had something to do with it.
I use to be cool.
I use to be thin. (Well, thinner.)
I use to be able to hold conversations on a semi-adult level.

I could of been a contender!

Now it's all gone. Hard rock has been replace with Radio Disney. The fast red car, is now a Minivan.

Heck, AMC has teen slasher movie on tonight.

Not interested. (Now if it were a Godzilla marathon, then, I'm up all night.)

Another big problem I have is that somewhere over the past few years I started watching the news. People with kids shouldn't watch the news.

OK, maybe just the weather and sports, but that's it.

You see, I never had a real sense of mortality, until the first time I held my newborn daughters. Up until that point life had been a series of event. Some great and wonderful, others merely a process of going from point A to point B. But from the second I held those tiny baby girls, I realized how much responsibility God had given me. I suddenly became aware of every boogie man that roamed the earth, real or imagined.

Today I've been reading the reports on the tragedy in Russia. Hundreds of children taken hostage, hundreds killed. I'm sure there will be those who will say that all this death was politically motivated. I'm not sure I'm smart enough to rationalize it that way. I can only see evil. What makes this evil so bad is that it can rationalize killing innocence.

See, I told you it was my kids fault.

I know the odds are that nothing will happen to my kids. But, someone's child is out there hurting, and that doesn't make it any better. So, gone are the days of my sitting down to enjoy a good teen slasher movie.

That's just me. I'm old and weird. I wonder if the girls want to watch "Ella Enchanted" again.

Hey, don't laugh. How can you argue with a 30 foot Hedi Klum?

Not me!

Keep the faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home